Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Halloween

About Me

"I was Dorothy for Halloween when I was 10 and 11.  I wore a different jean jumper over a white T-shirt.  I had a basket.  My friend with white hair got a real costume of it one Halloween, which was weird in the nation's oldest continuing city, weird to find.

When I lived in the nation's oldest continuing city, I went to a Woolsworth that closed.  I wanted a striped small backpack, probably blue, probably navy blue.  I had money for my birthday, maybe from my older aunt.  My mom seemed to like me to get a purse.  I got a leather, patched black one, downtown, old buildings.  Woolsworth soon shut down, and I had spent my money.  My favorite restaurants there closed down, Pizza Garden, which had thick Sicilian pizza, and it was of high quality, very neat, with a place to eat outside, in the outskirts of downtown, an old Spanish city.  It's from 1565, I think.  Also, there was the Heritage Walkway on Saint George Street, which I passed when I walked to school sometimes, with my mom and brother.  You go down a line of shops and there's a bar.  I got a little pizza that was really good an often got lemonade.  I didn't like it when I was little but first shared it with my dad at a festival.  I loved it so much.  It was so substantial and complex.  I was 7, I think.  I remember seeing younger boys with cheap plastic cups of beer, and it horrified me.  My dad worked the kiddie stuff in 2 places.  In the 1st, we even had a Thanksgiving festival.  I saw someone do a somersault in the air there, an older boy I think, and I couldn't believe it.  My dad broke or rather did something to his knee when we moved again when he worked a basketball booth, in the New Orleans area, his first injury, the 2nd being the other knee when we moved to Orlando.  He got surgery again, and I spent money on my store cards that they're not paying, ever.  Something else interesting is in the Wax Museum, which I lost the video of with my computer and probably made private on YouTube, I'm pretty sure, for some reason, or deleted, they had a substantial block set for Michael Jackson I remember leaning over in a graveyard, which might have been 20 feet.  There was this sinister music that featured crackling laughing at the end, and it made me like jump out of my skin that they'd be that retarded.  My dad told me it was one of his songs.  Speaking of which, when I lived there, there was a place for retired nuns, and it was so funny when someone thought it was "retarded" as we walked to something, not sure what, maybe church.  We lived at the oldest parish in the nation, Catholic, which was burned down.  We walked to church once a week.  I was in choir then, too, and once a week on Sundays.  Before, I was at church every week and an alter server, did gymnastics once a week and baton.  I wasn't allowed to carry the cross under one older lady and was so enraged.  I was 7, I think.  I couldn't be an alter server if I was in choir next.  There was no choir for kids in the New Orleans area.  They made a Youth Choir, though, and I played keyboard in it.  It was an old-looking church.  It was kinda exciting.  I did Youth Group, too.  I liked touring, walking around the churches in New Orleans.  I saw the Saint Louis Cathedral.  When I went to arts school in New Orleans, my teacher had red hair, a guy, and he played guitar.  He played there.  He played the end song with the girl and Nutcracker, too, and it inspired me so much because I did ballet.  It just overcame me.  I went there one year on Saturdays and before with everyone else in the summer and got the highest award, along with another girl with strawberry hair dyed red, who stayed in a hotel, while I was in the nice dorms of my future college, which were the only ones I couldn't stay in because I didn't have a group.  That girl got to play Titanic with others, piano, and I did the duet with her, the performance.  I played that, the real version, when I was 11|12, in 1998, starting at age 9 1|2.  I was very advanced.  I practiced the same stuff before I started, and I never told my teacher.  She did get mad at me later.  I did an easy version of Moonlight Sonata.  I wanted to play for the senior play my first year of high school, was recommended by someone knowing I was trying out for Talented Music for the first semester of my second year.  My mom didn't know about trying out that much in advance.  The teacher ended up playing.  She took out the hard stuff, but this boy I liked was impressed I could do Moonlight Sonata, the beginning and probably an easy version but maybe not.  When I didn't get an A in American History Gifted, the music teacher from before came back and counseled me but didn't convince me out of the class.  I think my aunt gave me the music I played before for my first piano lessons.​"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come Enter In